This concentration leads to a Master of Education (M.Ed.) degree in the Administration and Supervision major. The program helps disseminate the latest research and best practices in agribusiness and agriscience to educational leaders such as extension officers, FFA club advisors, 4-H leaders, and K-12 teachers who integrate agricultural content into their curriculum. Electives allow master’s candidates to tailor studies for individual career goals.
The Agricultural Education Leadership graduate program at Middle Tennessee State University draws upon the expertise of School of Agriculture faculty and builds on MTSU’s strong foundation in K-12 education. Although not traditionally identified as STEM fields, agribusiness and agriscience rest on the ever-growing and ever-changing currents of science, technology, and engineering that require agricultural leaders to remain up-to-date in scientific arenas, apply that knowledge to agribusiness and agriscience, and communicate that information to a variety of audiences in a number of formats.
- With leadership being a mandate of employers, the Agricultural Education Leadership master’s degree positions graduates to work with communities, organizations, and agencies that are committed to agriculture and the environment. The program is geared toward agricultural extension agents, 4-H leaders, recent graduates, and teachers who seek advanced agricultural leadership skills.
- Farm Power and Equipment
- Methods of Teaching Agriscience and Agricultural Mechanics
- Adult Education in Vocational-Education and Program Development
- History and Philosophy of Agricultural Education
- Leadership Development in Agricultural Organizations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Agriculture View 2531 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Complete graduate application for admission
- Submit $35 nonrefundable application fee (money order or check with routing numbers); American Express, Visa, and MasterCard are accepted for online applications.
- Submit a copy of valid passport.
- Already in the U.S., submit a copy of valid Visa and copies of pages 1-3 of your current I-20 and the front and back of your I-94 card or I-94 information print out.
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institution(s). We request transcripts be sent directly to an accredited external evaluation service. If transcripts are written in a foreign language, an official translation in English is required in addition to the official original copy.
International18288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18288 USD per year during 12 months.
National18288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18288 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7212 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Murfreesboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.