The Drug Development Science MSc at King's College London eqiups indivduals with the knowedge ad skills to manage drug development projects and make critical decisions during the development of a medicine. It has been framed in such a manner that it will enhance the skills of those working in the pharmaceutical industry, who wish to take a leadership role in drug development and those who currently work in aligned clinical or scientific disciplines and wish to enter this field.
- King's is ranked 13th in the world for Pharmacy & Pharmacology (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020)
- The study programme is compliant with both the PharmaTrain initiative of the European Commission and thus allows international transfer of credits.
- Components of the course are taught by members of pharmaceutical companies and regulatory authorities giving you insights and up-to-the- minute knowledge of drug development.
- Highly flexible course with a part-time option that will allow you to study around your work schedule.
- Delivered by leading experts from the academic staff of King’s College London who work closely with the biopharmaceutical sector and the regulatory authorities.
It is expected that students who complete this course will be able to work in a medicines development field, opening up job opportunities that might have previously been beyond their reach and enhancing their value to their employers. Previous students have gone on to work in regulatory agencies, clinical research companies, leading pharmaceutical companies, biotech companies and pharmaceutical contract research organisations.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Preclinical Science
- Advanced Clinical Pharmacology
- Biological and Advanced Therapies
- Drug Safety & Ethics
- Clinical Drug Development
- Drug Development Statistics and Data Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPharmacology View 46 other Masters in Pharmacology in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at King's College London and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A medical degree (MBBS or equivalent) or a 2:1 first degree in pharmacy, pharmacology, biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related subject, or overseas equivalent.
- Applicants without a degree but with relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- A personal statement is required. (maximum 4,000 characters)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- One reference is required: professional references will be accepted if you have completed your qualifications over five years ago.
- You may also wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of your application
International29310 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29310 GBP per year during 12 months.
National18900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.