EMerald is a two-year Master’s programme (120 ECTS) organised by four European Universities – University of Liège (ULiège), University of Lorraine (UL), Luleå University of Technology (LTU) and Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg (TUBAF).
The Resources Engineering (EMerald) programme at EIT RawMaterials Academy is organised into four semesters (30 ECTS per semester). The first semester is in Liège, the second semester in Nancy, the third semester in Luleå or TUBAF and the fourth semester is in one of the four partner Universities.
- Environmental impact assessment
- Feasibility study
- Research & Development
- Waste management
- Mine and quarry rehabilitation
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mineral Resources
- Process Mineralogy
- Mineral Processing
- Numerical Analysis
- Waste and by-products processing
- Management of Resources
- Resources modelling and evaluation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- 1 October – 20 January for Erasmus Mundus scholarships
- 1 March – 30 April for non-EU self-funded students
- 1 March – 30 June for EU self-funded students
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mining, Oil & Gas Natural Resource Management View 13 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with basic knowledge in Geology (minimum 3 years of study or 180 ECTS credits) or a Bachelor’s Degree in Minerals Engineering, Mining Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Geological Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering or a Master’s degree in Geology.
- The EMerald Master Programme provides an engineering diploma, therefore at least 22.5 ECTS in university level mathematics is required for application eligibility.
- A copy of your passport AND a sworn translation into English of your birth certificate*. Only selected students will have to provide us with a French translation of their birth certificate (this is compulsory to register at a French University)
- A photo (ID format)
- Your up-to-date resume in English (maximum 1 page)
- A personal motivation letter in English
- A copy of your High School Diploma and a sworn translation into English or French*
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.