Increasingly the private collector and museum are playing a more important part in the cultural landscape of the global art world.
The innovative Art Collecting Management programme at IESA - School of Arts and Culture has been devised to provide students with the art historical knowledge, business skills and curatorial experience to work as consultants to collectors; in arts management or art market consultancy; or to work in private collections or private museums.
Taught by an international team of academics and professionals, the programme provides the tools by which students can gain a deeper understanding of the international, global art world in which collectors move today.
Two tracks are offered: one focusing on contemporary art, the other on the old master market of fine and decorative arts.
The courses combines academic studies with on-site visits and discussions with professionals. Two study trips form part of the course curriculum. Students are encouraged and helped to find internships after the summer trimester so that they learn about the complexities of the art market from within.
- Art advisor
- Wealth management or investment advisor
- Exhibition organiser
- Client services
- Business development
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Art –option of either contemporary or old masterworks of art
- History of the Art Market
- Structures and Economics of the Art Market
- Creating value for the collector
- Psychology of the collector
- Collections Management: The collection, its presentation and its audiences
- Marketing and Communication
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
We accept students onto a rolling basis however we strongly encourage applicants to contact us as soon as they can. Applications are considered until July 1st. Late applications may be accepted.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Master in Business Administration (MBA) Art History View 48 other Masters in Master in Business Administration (MBA) in France
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students who have completed a BA in 3 years may apply to the Pre-Master program. Students in their final undergraduate year may apply for admission and will be required to provide proof of graduation prior to full registration.
- English proficiency IELTS 6.0 on all bands required. Students with IELTS 5.5 may enroll in an intensive semester in English.
1 year work experience necessary for students who completed a B.A. in three years.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.