The programme offers a state-of-the-art technical basis in resource modelling, mine design and economic evaluation. Technical knowledge is also supplemented with topics on business, economics, ethics and environmental engineering.
The Master European Mining Course (EMC) at EIT RawMaterials Academy also covers a clearly defined and structured topic series on the management of health and safety and environmental impact of mining. EMC aims to train professionals of the future, who will be the decision makers and game-changers in mineral resources and associated engineering trades, delivering a strong vision of the future of the industry.
EMC supports the development of students into adaptive, innovative and entrepreneurially-oriented engineers that are capable of identifying the best approach to obtaining optimal value from mineral ore deposits.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of minerals engineering and recycling
- Technical innovation project
- Economic Geology & mineral economics
- Rock Mechanics
- Field Experience and Project in Hard Rock Mining
- Feasibility Studies of mining projects
- Reserve Modelling and Estimation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mining, Oil & Gas View 3 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A Bachelor degree of (at least) 180 ECTS in an appropriate subject (e.g. Engineering, Earth sciences, environmental sciences, mineral resource engineering) issued by one of the partner universities, or an equivalent university qualification from other top universities worldwide in an appropriate subject.
- All applicants must deliver an officially attested copy of an official Bachelor degree certificate. This is a condition for the acceptance and no enrollment to the university can be made before the delivery of this certificate. the copies of study certificates must be certified by the issuing institution or by a notary public.
- A proof of minimum grade following the requirements that can be found here.
- Adequate results for a recognized language proficiency test such as TOEFL (min. 90 and min 21 for each section), IELTS (min. 6.5) or CAE/CPE (min. C).
- A letter of motivation of max. 2000 words.
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- Two Letters of recommendation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18750 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2143 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
FEMP scholarship: Excellent non-EU students may be nominated for a (FEMP) scholarship of up to €13.500 in total. Amount awarded depends on the number of applicants, academic quality , the funds available and the personal circumstances of the student.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.