Join Master’s Programme in Advanced Materials for Innovation and Sustainability (AMIS) from EIT RawMaterials Academy and develop your entrepreneurial and scientific skills in order to help the environment!
This English language programme covers the whole value chain of raw materials by combining scientific knowledge with entrepreneurship, innovation and modern teaching methods – in line with the standards and values of EIT RawMaterials.
If you want to influence positive change for the environment and help secure a sustainable future, then get involved and join the AMIS Master’s Programme!
AMIS tackles the following themes – all of which are central to the goals of EIT RawMaterials:
- ‘Substitution of critical or toxic materials in products and for optimised performance’
- ‘Material chain optimisation for end-of-life products’
- ‘Product and services design for the circular economy’
The primary focus of the adaptation is on metal and mineral raw materials. Bio-base and polymer materials are covered in view of their substitution potential and other materials in the context of multi-material product recycling. In addition, the AMIS Programme includes a solid package of courses and project work in innovation and entrepreneurship.
AMIS Master Tracks
- Year 1 at Grenoble INP and Year 2 at Aalto University/or TU Darmstadt/or University of Liège
- Year 1 at Aalto University and Year 2 at Grenoble INP/or TU Darmstadt/or University of Bordeaux/or University of Liège
- Year 1 at TU Darmstadt and Year 2 at Grenoble INP/or Aalto University/or University of Bordeaux/or University of Liège
Thanks to the knowledge acquired during this study programme you will be able to be part of technological and social change. Also, your entrepreneurial skills will help you identify new business niches and opportunities.
EIT RawMaterials Academy offers you the chance to have contact with various industries and research institutes. These experiences will prepare you for your future professional experiences.
AMIS graduates can choose to follow a career within the industry, research, start their own business or to continue their academic career and start a PhD programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced functional materials
- Innovation, business and entrepreneurship
- Project work on business models and commercialisation of technologies
- Advanced functional materials with specialisation
- Practical work on industrial challenges using innovation and entrepreneurship
- Specialised approach to business modelling
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
First wave: from the 1st October to the 31st January Second wave: from the 1st February to the 30th April
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Innovation Management View 20 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Eligible candidates must have a bachelor‘s degree in Science, Technology or Engineering (Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science) or its equivalent, as well as an English language certificate.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Espoo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- For students beginning in September 2021, EIT Label scholarships from EIT RawMaterials of €13,500 per eligible student are available
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.