The Water Resources Engineering and Management programme from the University of Moratuwa is conducted part-time, helping the working professionals to gain further knowledge and qualifications.
Teaching is carried out by our well-experienced staff together with academics from other universities and institutions. Visiting lecturers from the industry are sometimes invited.
- All lectures, practical sessions, presentations, industrial visits and examinations will be conducted on Fridays and Saturdays. This programme consists of a combination of compulsory core modules, elective modules and a research project.
- The project is only available for studies towards MSc. Its main objective is to provide training in techniques that are essential for research and problem solving in the industry.
Intended Course Modules:
- Integrated Water Resources Management
- Concepts of Irrigation and Irrigation Water Management
- Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for Planning and Management
- River and Estuary Hydraulics
- Water Resources Project Planning and Management
- Research Methods for Water Resources Engineering and Management
- 12 months
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Engineering Management Environmental Management View 3 other Masters in Engineering Management in Sri Lanka
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Degree of Bachelor of Science in Engineering of the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka in a relevant field with a minimum of one year relevant experience
- The Degree of Bachelor of Applied Science of the University of Sri Lanka, University of Moratuwa in a relevant field with a minimum of one year of relevant experience
- Any other engineering degree in a relevant field as accepted by the Faculty, and equivalent to (a) above with a minimum of one year of relevant experience.
- At least the associate membership of a recognised professional engineering institute in a relevant field with a minimum of two years of appropriate experience
- If English is not the medium of instruction in the first degree of the candidate, TOEFL (a minimum of 500 points in paperbased, 173 in computer-based, or 61 in internet based test) or IELTS (a minimum of 5.0 in academic version) scores or equivalent is required.
Living costs for Moratuwa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.