The aim of this postgraduate programme in Environmental Engineering and Management from the University of Moratuwa is to provide a knowledge, training and expertise in the fi eld of environmental management, pollution control (water, soil, air, noise etc), water and wastewater treatment principles, solid waste management, sustainable development, natural resource management and other related fields.
- In addition to formal classroom-based activities, the programme includes laboratory, and field based studies, both individual and group work.
- Laboratory sessions mainly consist of testing for environmental parameters (physical, chemical and microbiological observations), and waste and wastewater related practical sessions.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Environmental Pollution Control
- Environmental Chemistry and Environmental Microbiology
- Research Methodology and Data Analysis
- Environmental Economics
- Global Trends Towards Sustainable Development
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- 15 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Engineering Management Environmental Management View 6 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Sri Lanka
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A degree in science from a recognised university and a minimum of one year of appropriate experience; the recognition of the degree to be determined by the Faculty and approved by the Senate;
- At least, the associate membership of a recognised professional engineering institute in a relevant field and a minimum of one year relevant experience after obtaining such membership; the acceptability of the associate membership status of the candidate, the recognition of the institute and relevance of the field for this purpose shall be determined by the Faculty and approved by the Senate.
- At least, 80% attendance is required in lectures and tutorials. Participation is compulsory in seminars and assignments, such as, laboratory work, design work, fieldtrips, etc as envisaged in the course curriculum.
Living costs for Moratuwa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.