The design process of interior spaces, therefore, must follow a systematic and coordinated methodology, including research, analysis, and integration of knowledge into creative ideas.
- Interior Design graduates from the University of Moratuwa are employed in interior design and architectural practices where commissions may range from domestic interior design, retail and entertainment industry design, hospitality industry designs, corporate office design and large mixed non-traditional commissions.
- Interior designers may also seek work involving production design for film and television, set design for theatre, one-off and modular furniture design, exhibition design, curatorial and event planning, and design journalism and publication.
- Interior Design Profession
- History of Interior Design-Sri Lanka
- History of Interior Design-World
- Theory of Interior Design
- Theory of Colour
- Principles of Interior Lighting
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Degree of Bachelor of Architecture or an equivalent degree; or
- Degree of Bachelor of Design or an equivalent honours degree and one year of relevant experience after obtaining the said degree; or
- Degree of Bachelor of Science of Built Environment and two years of relevant experience after obtaining the said degree; or
- The Voting Membership of the Sri Lanka Institute of Architects.
Living costs for Moratuwa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.