You acquire expertise in the choice, design and implementation of a range of environmental management tools and methods including environmental impact assessment, integrated catchment management and environmentally sensitive river management.
Whether you are a graduate looking for a career in environmental water management or a professional who already has experience in this area the course advances your knowledge and skills so that you can develop your career in implementing environmentally sustainable solutions in business and organisations around the world. Studying on the MSc Water and Environmental Management course is the first step to becoming a Chartered Environmentalist.
Five core taught modules are taken and students then choose three optional modules. Students also complete two modules (Research Methods and Research Project) which specifically support them through their independent research project. The project can be based on an environmental management issue that interests you or is relevant to your organisation, and you will be assigned a member of academic staff who will guide you through the research process.
Students will begin their studies, both full-time and part time, with a core module in Sustainability and Environmental Systems.
Why choose this course?
- This Water and Environmental Management course, offered by University of Hertfordshire, prepares you for all aspects of environmental management in the water industry world wide
- Accredited by the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) and the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM)
- It is structured around a modular short course structure to enable flexibility whilst working. This allows part-time student to not have to take more than 12 days off a year (if studying over 2/3 years)
- Networking opportunities per module with lunch and refreshments provided within your fees
Graduates have gained employment in a wide variety of sectors including Water companies, environment agencies, consultancy, NGOs, local government, and many other areas of the private and public sector employment.
Former students have made impressive environmental improvements and large savings for their companies while studying on the programme, and several have achieved significant promotion within their companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methods
- Foundation in Environmental Auditing
- Environmental Policy and Governance
- Environmental Management Tools and Methods
- Water Pollution Control
- Water Resources
- Management Skills for Environmental Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Hydrology & Water Management Environmental Management View 1749 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a 2.2 degree in any subject.
- Applicants with other qualifications and relevant experience will be considered individually by the Programme Tutor. Accredited Prior Learning (APL) is available for those who already have associate membership of IEMA.
International13950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9450 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK/EU Students: £780 per 15 credits
- International Students: £1160 per 15 credits
Living costs for Hatfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.