You acquire expertise in the choice, design and implementation of a range of environmental management tools and methods including environmental impact assessment, integrated catchment management and environmentally sensitive river management.
Whether you are a graduate looking for a career in environmental water management or a professional who already has experience in this area the course advances your knowledge and skills so that you can develop your career in implementing environmentally sustainable solutions in business and organisations around the world. Studying on the MSc Water and Environmental Management course is the first step to becoming a Chartered Environmentalist.
Seven core taught modules are taken and students then choose one other module from a range of optional modules. Students also complete two modules (Research Methods and Research Project) which specifically support them through their independent research project. The project can be based on a water related issue that interests you or is relevant to your organisation, and you will be assigned a member of academic staff who will guide you through the research process.
Students will begin their studies, both full-time and part time, with a core module in Sustainability and Environmental Systems.
Why choose this course?
- This Water and Environmental Management course from University of Hertfordshire prepares you for all aspects of environmental management in the water industry world wide
- Accredited by the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) and the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM)
- It is structured around a modular short course structure to enable flexibility whilst working. This allows part-time student to not have to take more than 12 days off a year (if studying over 2/3 years)
- Networking opportunities per module with lunch and refreshments provided within your fees
- Use of our Bayfordbury field station
Graduates have gained employment in a wide variety of sectors including Water companies, environment agencies, consultancy, NGOs, local government, and many other areas of the private and public sector employment.
Former students have made impressive environmental improvements and large savings for their companies while studying on the programme, and several have achieved significant promotion within their companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainability and Environmental Systems
- Research Methods
- Foundation in Environmental Auditing
- Environmental Policy and Governance
- Environmental Management Tools and Methods
- Water Pollution Control
- Water Resources
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Hydrology & Water Management Environmental Management View 1554 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Hertfordshire and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A minimum of a 2.2 degree in any subject.
- Applicants with other qualifications and relevant experience will be considered individually by the Programme Tutor. Accredited Prior Learning (APL) is available for those who already have associate membership of IEMA.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9750 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £815 per 15 credits
- International: £1230 per 15 credits
Living costs for Hatfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.