The Complex Systems Modelling - From Biomedical and Natural to Economic and Social Sciences MSc programme at King's College London is an innovative study course that explores the latest research in the rapidly developing and exciting interdisciplinary field of complex systems.
Modern societies rely on a broad range of infrastructures, institutions and technologies, and their complexities have grown dramatically in the recent past. Consequently, there is a rapidly expanding demand for expertise in complex systems modelling as a foundation for understanding, maintaining and further developing such systems.
- Located in the heart of London, giving unparalleled access to research facilities.
- You will be studying innovative modules covering modern theories of complex systems modelling.
- Research-led study course taught by staff who are recognised leaders in their field.
Career prospectsCareer opportunities in complex systems modelling are vast and fast growing, spanning a huge range of industrial, public and governmental sectors, as well as academic posts within Complex Systems research groups.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theory of Complex Networks
- Research Methods and Advanced Topics in Complex Systems
- Equilibrium Analysis of Complex Systems
- Dynamical Analysis of Complex Systems
- Elements of Statistical Learning
- Algorithms Design and Analysis
- Bio and Nanomaterials in the Virtual Lab
- Modelling Quantum Many-body Systems
- Rare Events and Large Deviations
- Probability Theory
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesApplied Mathematics Biology View 353 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- Bachelors degree with 2:1 honours degree in a suitable quantitative discipline, such as mathematics, physics, computer science, or engineering. A sound background in basic mathematics, in particular a familiarity with standard concepts of calculus, linear algebra, differential equations and elementary probability theory, will be assumed.
- A 2:2 honours degree (or international equivalent) may be acceptable depending on the candidate's academic background.
International22350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22350 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home/EU fees: £4,995 per year
- Overseas fees: £11,175 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.