At English and New Media Studies from Auckland University of Technology you explore the increasingly important nexus between new media and spoken, written or visual communication in English.
Your research project could involve the development of game or transmedia narratives. It could investigate social media or other forms of web communication - including internet memes and fake news - for issues of power and identity, or to identify emerging language trends. It might also examine the use and impact of virtual or augmented reality for language learning and teaching.
- New and social media research
- Language and literacy education
- Online journalism
- Public relations
- New and social media practice
- Translation and interpreting
- The arts and cultural industries
- Travel and tourism
- Content development for virtual and augmented realities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- English and New Media Research Methods
- English and New Media Thesis
- New Media Performance and Practice
- Virtual Worlds
- Game Narrative and Interactive Storytelling
- Discourse Analysis
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
International applications will be processed up to the start of the semester depending on availability.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 44 other Masters in Language Studies in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree OR Relevant graduate diploma
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5 overall with all bands 6.0 or higher; or equivalent
International24865 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24865 USD per year during 18 months.
National6431 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6431 USD per year during 18 months.
- Domestic: 8,807 NZD per year
- International: 34,050 NZD per year
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.