The cutting-edge content looks at human rights issues from a practical perspective as well as a theoretical and legal one. We offer a wide range of elective modules. The topics address emerging issues in human rights, such as the impact of environmental destruction on human rights; human rights and the Sustainable Development Goals; or cultural genocide.
Graduates of the related on-campus MA have gone on to work for major international NGOs including Amnesty International, Oxfam, Friends of the Earth and Anti-Slavery International, as well as several UN agencies, businesses, academia and in government.
Students can also specialise in developing research skills in human rights for future PhD studies.
What do employers think of our graduates?
In some countries, qualifications earned by distance and flexible learning may not be recognised by certain authorities or regulators for the purposes of public sector employment or further study. We advise you to explore the local recognition status before you register, even if you plan to receive support from a local teaching institution.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding human rights
- Securing human rights
- Translating human rights into international law
- Genocide, gross human rights violations and reconciliation
- Securing human rights in development and conflict
- Topics in international human rights law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Public Policy View 48 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate degree (e.g. bachelor) which is considered at least comparable to a UK upper second class honours degree, from an institution acceptable to the University.
- If you do not meet the entrance requirements you may still apply. Each application will be considered on an individual basis by the Programme Director, giving attention to alternative qualifications and/or relevant experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4327 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8655 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National4327 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8655 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
- MA: £8655
- Postgraduate Diploma: £6930
- Postgraduate Certificate: £3465
- Individual module [stand-alone]: £1500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.