The Climate Change and Development programme from University of London will enable employees of these organisations to drive towards change more effectively. The programme covers key issues within climate change and development, such as energy access, poverty, social protection, gender and social justice.
The modules draw from a wide range of disciplines, concepts and methods, including economics and political economy, environmental science and law, human geography, and social development.
Graduates of this programme will be well-prepared for roles in the public sector, international organisations, NGO's, consultancies and development projects involved in:
- policy analysis and implementation for disaster risk reduction;
- climate and broader environmental issues;
- local and national climate change strategies;
- energy and development;
- poverty reduction.
What do employers think of our graduates?
In some countries, qualifications earned by distance and flexible learning may not be recognised by certain authorities or regulators for the purposes of public sector employment or further study. We advise you to explore the local recognition status before you register, even if you plan to receive support from a local teaching institution.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Climate change and development
- Climate change adaptation
- Low carbon development
- Energy and development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesClimate Studies & Meteorology View 6 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
What qualifications do you need?
- MSc: You will need a good degree in a relevant discipline from an institution acceptable to the University.
- PGDip/PGCert: A degree or technical/professional qualification plus experience that we consider appropriate and relevant.
- Individual Awards: Without the requirements above, we may consider your application if you provide evidence of your ability to undertake postgraduate study.
International9880 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9880 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA9880 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9880 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
- MSc : £9,880
- PGDip: £7,900
- PGCert: £3,950
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.