The International Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management with Placement Year programme from University of Hertfordshire is underpinned by a strong theoretical base across a number of contexts relevant to tourism, hospitality and event management in contemporary international environments. A distinctive feature of this programme is that it offers you opportunities to interact with current industry practitioners and therefore enables a hands-on approach.
Why choose this course?
- The course offers you comprehensive knowledge of the Tourism, Hospitality and Event industries.
- It is delivered by a very successful and internationally renowned team of experts, both in terms of their managerial experience and academic knowledge.
- It offers a balance of practical input and academic knowledge to support graduates in their future careers within these industries.
- It provides opportunities to interact with current industry practitioners.
- It presents flexibility to study full time, part time and it offers the possibility to undertake a work placement.
We are preparing graduates for successful careers in the hospitality, recreation or tourism industries or in an associated government agency with an international, national or local focus. Graduates from the programme are employed by international hotel chains (Four Seasons Hotel, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton Hotels, The Ritz Carlton, Starwood Hotel Group) in China, India Macau, Thailand and Great Britain, as well as working for independent hotels and Event Management companies in Great Britain. Other careers pursued by our Graduates include Recruitment Agents, Lecturers and entrepreneurs (travel company, import and export trading company).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Business Strategy
- Accounting and Finance in the Organisation
- Research Methods for Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management
- Contemporary Themes: Tourism/HospitaIity/Event Management
- Preparation for the Workplace
- Work Placement Portfolio
- Marketing and Technology for Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- People Management for the Tourism, Hospitality and Event
- Crisis, Risk and Recovery for Tourism, Hospitality and Events
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHospitality Management Event Management Tourism & Leisure View 97 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The normal entry requirements for the programme are:
- An honours degree of at least 2:2 classification or better from a UK University; or
- The equivalent of the above from a recognised University overseas; or
- A degree-equivalent professional qualification approved by the Programme Leader; or
- A Pre-Masters Course recognised by the University;
- A postgraduate qualification from a UK university or its equivalent from a recognised overseas university, or
- Equivalent qualifications to be assessed by the Programme Leader and Admissions Tutor.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9750 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Hatfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.