The uniqueness of the Molecular Biotechnology program from Vilnius University is a study based on individual interdisciplinary specialization according to student’s interest through projects in laboratories and individual contact hours (mentoring).
The graduate of this program will be able to plan and conduct a research project, understand and construct the methodology, analyze and present the results to the scientific community and society; effectively co-operate with scientists, engineers and managers; contribute to interdisciplinary teams in solving complex tasks.
- Preparation and management of biotechnological projects
- Bioethics and Biosafety
- Development of Biotechnology Business
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Molecular Sciences View 7 other Masters in Biotechnology in Lithuania
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Life Sciences, Physical Sciences (Biology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Neurobiology) Technological Sciences (Biotechnology, Materials and Food Technology), Engineering Sciences (Bioengineering).
- English language proficiency – the level required - not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), or TOEFL score 75/IELTS score 6.
Applicants must submit:
- a recommendation of one scientist
- a motivation letter
- a motivational interview will be conducted on a 10-point scale. Criteria of the interview: program selection factors; perspective vision of your professional life; English language skills.
The interview will be held remotely and will take place on 29 April or 22 June 2022.
Only those applicants that participate in the interview will be considered for the study programme. Interviewed applicants will be ranked, and the best candidates will be selected.
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4234 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4234 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vilnius
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- The Grand Duchy of Lithuania Scholarship
- Tuition fee waivers and scholarships to apply before studies
- Scholarships to get during the study period
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.