You will spend four semesters studying towards a General Engineering Transition Masters, studying appropriate Level 5 modules in the first semester then joining the Near STEM cohort, again with the opportunity to specialise in the above options at L6 or L7.7.
This programme has been developed to meet the growing need for postgraduate skills within the engineering industry, and the demand for professional development for graduate engineers. The programme integrates the mechanical engineering subjects with key generic skills in management and research methods. This approach will help to develop your critical thinking skills as a future engineering manager, or technical specialist enabling you to effectively analyse technical and management issues.
The University of Hertfordshire has a worldwide reputation for excellence in applied mechanical engineering. This international reputation will give you the opportunity to study with graduates from universities worldwide. You will benefit from the expertise of guest speakers from industry where relevant and appropriate.
The programme will:
- provide education and experience to support your professional employment and career development within the industry
- focus on the links between engineering analysis and design and supporting management skills management
- provide a blend of knowledge and application experience through case studies and project work
- equip you with the theory and practice of relevant subjects, technologies and analytical tools to provide solutions for mechanical and related manufacturing problems
Why choose this Engineering (Mechanical) (Far STEM) course from University of Hertfordshire?
- The School has over 50 years' experience of teaching mechanical engineering and has established an excellent international reputation in this field;
- We offer extensive lab facilities for engineering students as well as the latest software packages and windtunnels;
- This MSc combines mechanical engineering subjects with key management and research methods.
This programme will help you to develop your critical thinking skills as a future engineering manager or technical specialist as it will enable you to effectively analyse technical and management issues. This blend of technical and managerial content is invaluable in job applications as well as helping to fast-track your career in the industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mechanical Experimental Engineering
- Mechanical Science
- Computing for Business and Technology
- Engineering Application of Mathematics
- Mechanics and Properties of Materials
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Biotechnology Biochemistry View 158 other Masters in Biochemistry in United Kingdom
- An honours degree (at least 2:2 or above).
- International qualifications will be considered on the basis of their equivalence to UK qualifications, typically guided by a resource such as the National Academic Recognition Information centre (NARIC).
International16900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16900 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9450 GBP per year during 24 months.
- UK/EU Students: £790 per 15 credits
- International Students: £1410 per 15 credits
Living costs for Hatfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.