About the course
- Explore the most advanced studio techniques, technologies and processes at the forefront of current music production.
- Discover advanced compositional devices and strategy applicable to DAW-based realisation of original material.
- Unleash your creative potential and cultivate your own individual style to produce original works that stand out from the crowd in their artistic and technical sophistication.
Why choose this course?
In addition to equipping students with solid bases in studio technology, processes and practices, the course addresses the purely formal, artistic and aesthetic aspects of music-making, and the specific compositional devices and strategy applicable to DAW-based realisations of original material.
By surveying the defining traits and aesthetic concerns of a number of popular genres centred on electronic composition-production, students develop a sophisticated awareness of current artistic and aesthetic trends, and an enhanced knowledge of the musicology of production. On this Creative Music Production, offered by University of Hertfordshire, you will develop a portfolio of original works showcasing your talent as a composer-producer, opening up a wide range of possibilities for your professional career.
Creative Music Production Graduates from this award will be equipped with a wide range of specialist knowledge and skills in the field of music technology and music creation – from purely technical to creative and intellectual.
As such, they will be ideally positioned to pursue a career in the music and media industries, creating their own musical content for production music library, film/TV synch, or commercial release. You may, in addition, consider positions in music publishing, music journalism and criticism, or teaching, or you may continue your higher education at doctoral level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creative Economies
- Research and Enquiry
- Audio Production and Design
- Studio Technologies, Processes and Practices
- Creative Music Production
- Music and Sound Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMusic Art History Music History View 184 other Masters in Art History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A good (1st, 2.1 or 2.2) BMus/BSc/BA in Music / Music Technology (or equivalent qualification), or 5 years professional industry experience at the discretion of the admissions or programme tutor.
- Evidence of solid compositional work with technology prior to undertaking the course is required (determined by the submission of a small portfolio of original compositions with the student’s application).
International13950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9450 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Hatfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.