Natural Resources with Soil, Environmental and Atmospheric Sciences Emphasis from University of Missouri - Columbia expects students to take part in professional and educational activities by giving presentations at conferences and presenting seminars. MS candidates complete a thesis and are expected to publish their research results in peer-reviewed scientific journals. A non-thesis option is also available that requires additional coursework and a research project.
Our program is designed to prepare students for academic careers in research and teaching or other advanced scientific or professional careers. Students entering the MS program are required to have a BS degree.
- Environmental Biophysics
- Environmental Soil Physics
- Environmental Soil Physics Laboratory
- Environmental Soil Microbiology
- Environmental Soil Chemistry
- Hydrologic and Water Quality Modeling
- Solute Transport in the Vadose Zone
- Watershed Management and Water Quality
- Physical Hydrology
- Soil Conservation
- Soil Fertility and Plant Nutrition
- Soil Fertility and Plant Nutrition Laboratory
- Genesis of Soil Landscape
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Application deadline: Two months prior to the start of the academic semester for which the applicant is applying.
DisciplinesSoil Science Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 75 other Masters in Soil Science in United States
- Completion of a B.S. degree
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 for the last 60 hours of coursework
- Atmospheric science applicants: Undergraduate program should include integral calculus and one year of college physics.
- Environmental science applicants: Undergraduate program should include general and organic chemistry, introductory biology, calculus, geology, physics, and ecology.
- Soil science applicants: Completed courses in general and organic chemistry, calculus, geology and physics. Inadequacies in courses must be remedied through additional course work immediately after admission.
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Letter of self-evaluation and professional goals
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
International24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 12 months.
National24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12213 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.