The Art Business and Fine Art program from Claremont Graduate University (CGU) merges studio practice from CGU’s art program with coursework in the business, markets, history and theory of art, as well as core courses in finance, accounting, law, and marketing. Students maintain an art practice while learning broadly transferable business and management principles and techniques.
- In contrast to a conventional art degree such as an MFA, candidates for this degree pursue an entrepreneurship sequence.
- Understanding the culture of the studio, and the kind of work, planning, and management required to engage in ambitious artistic projects, either at large scale or over long periods of time, is more necessary today than at any time before.
- Startup Studio
- Marketing Management
- Installation: Dialog with Space
- Ideas in Contemporary Art
- Independent Studio
- Finance & Accounting for Creative Industries
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Fine Arts View 1739 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Quality of previous undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate work.
- A writing sample.
- Strength of CV/resume. Candidates are required to submit a resume as part of the application.
- Candidate’s personal statement of his or her academic career objectives and their relation to the intended program of study. The personal statement allows the faculty to gauge whether the candidate’s research will thrive with the goals of the department and greater University.
- Strength of letters of recommendation from individuals competent to judge the candidate’s probable success in graduate coursework.
- Interviews. All applicants that are invited for an interview will be notified via email. Interviews are required for admission.
- Other evidence of potential success in graduate studies. Candidates may submit additional materials that they think are relevant to their application to CGU.
International63360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1980 USD per credit during 18 months.
National63360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1980 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Claremont
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.