This MSc Infection Prevention and Control from University of Dundee has been designed to meet the needs of healthcare professionals and nurses working anywhere in the world, whether you’re relatively new to infection prevention and control or have just moved into a leadership role and would like to boost your qualification. Our course is flexible and you can study whenever or wherever you want.
With the pandemic of COVID-19 announced in March 2020, it has become more apparent than ever that we need to develop skills around outbreak investigation and management. This is one of many topics covered in our online course and you will be able to develop and enhance your skills in this alongside other practice areas such as:
- applied microbiology
- antimicrobial resistance
- antimicrobial stewardship
- infection prevention and control practice
On completion of this course you will have developed the knowledge and skills to enable you to practice as a specialist within the field of infection prevention and control.
Our graduates work in a variety of clinical settings locally and internationally and continue to influence practice in many ways. Some of our graduates from developing countries have been able to revise current infection prevention and control practices, and implement new ones.
- Microbiology and its Application to Practice
- Infection Prevention and Control in Practice
- Research for Practice
- Quality Improvement in Action
- Meeting the needs of older people in diverse care settings
- Risk and Patient Safety
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 491 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Both UK and international professionals from a range of disciplines will be eligible to undertake the programme, if working in an area related to Infection Prevention and Control, Health Protection or Infectious Diseases, or similar.
- You'll normally need to have a degree or equivalent and work in a health or social care related area. We operate a flexible Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) system by which students who do not have a degree may be eligible for entry. We recognise that students applying for this course may have acquired significant learning from previous educational and life/work experience. We can offer potential students the opportunity of having such learning assessed for credit. This credit would go towards your application for this course.
International5414 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18950 GBP for the full programme during 42 months.
National2271 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7950 GBP for the full programme during 42 months.
Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland - £ 7,950 per 180 credits
EU/International - £ 18,950 per 180 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.