Designed to meet the needs of healthcare professionals and nurses working anywhere in the world, whether you’re relatively new to infection prevention and control or have just moved into a leadership role and would like to boost your qualification.
With Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic of 2020, it has become more apparent than ever that we need to develop skills around outbreak investigation and management. This is one of many topics covered in our course and you will be able to develop and enhance your skills in this alongside other practice areas such as:
- applied microbiology
- antimicrobial resistance
- antimicrobial stewardship
- infection prevention and control practice
We have renowned clinical experts contributing to our modules who will also support your learning alongside academic staff. As leaders in their field who are still practicing clinically, you will benefit from being able to engage and interact with them in specific modules.
On completion of this Infection Prevention and Control (full time) programme from University of Dundee , you will have developed the knowledge and skills to enable you to practice as a specialist within the field of infection prevention and control.
Our graduates work in a variety of clinical settings locally and internationally and continue to influence practice in many ways. Some of our graduates from developing countries have been able to revise current infection prevention and control practices, and implement new ones.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Microbiology and its Application to Practice
- Infection Prevention and Control in Practice
- Research for Practice
- Leadership and Change
- Health Sciences Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1773 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Both UK and international professionals from a range of disciplines will be eligible to undertake the programme, if working in an area related to Infection Prevention and Control, Health Protection or Infectious Diseases, or similar.
- You'll normally need to have a degree or equivalent and work in a health or social care related area. We operate a flexible Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) system by which students who do not have a degree may be eligible for entry. We recognise that students applying for this course may have acquired significant learning from previous educational and life/work experience. We can offer potential students the opportunity of having such learning assessed for credit. This credit would go towards your application for this course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19900 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National8350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8350 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- Ukraine, Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland - £ 8,350
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.