This Systemic Psychotherapy course at University College Dublin is directed at a broad range of health and social care professionals who wish to develop their skills and knowledge in working as Systemic Psychotherapists with individuals, couples and families. Live supervision of Clinical Practice is central to this training supported by core subjects of Theory and Methodology, Research and Personal/Professional connections. The integration of Clinical Practice, Systemic Theories, Psychotherapy Research and Self reflection is key to this training.
- Primary Care Settings
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
- Adult Psychiatric Services
- Voluntary Agencies providing Couple and Family Therapy
- Family Resource Centres
- Family Court work
- Private Practice
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theory and Methodology
- Clinical Practice (based on live supervision and retrospective supervision)
- Personal Psychotherapy Exercises (PPE)
- Research Design and Methodology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesPsychology View 46 other Masters in Psychology in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A primary degree in the human sciences (medicine, psychology , social work , sociology, education etc.) or its equivalent.
- Equivalence through Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL): Candidates applying through this route must demonstrate clearly that they have equivalence to an undergraduate degree in a field relevant to psychotherapy or have a combination of work and life experiences that add up to a similar competency.
- Relevant experience in working with people in a responsible and caring role.
- To be in a work setting or role which will provide candidates with opportunities to implement their learning such as work within the helping professions, counselling support services and /or project / community work.
International11500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11500 EUR per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6000 EUR per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.