The Cardiology and Stroke programme from University of Hertfordshire is designed for junior doctors with career intentions in stroke or cardiology, general practitioners with special interest as well as acute medicine or emergency medicine physicians who want to enhance their understanding of stroke or cardiology. We also welcome interest from clinical nurse specialists and other healthcare professionals working in cardiology and stroke or emergency or acute medicine.
The programme provides opportunities for students to develop and demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and skills about cariology and stroke. Simulation based education will be used to teach both technical and non-technical skills in the specialists taught modules.
The MSc Cardiology and Stroke aim to
- Develop critical skills in the use of assessment in a range of cardiology and stroke conditions.
- Provide students with the requisite critical decision-making skills and management of a range of cardiology and stroke conditions (including pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapeutic interventions).
- Enable students to develop a critical application of knowledge, skills and best evidence, pertinent the acute phases of cardiovascular illness and subsequent rehabilitative care.
- Develop critical application of detailed and targeted investigations as a contribution to reaching an accurate diagnosis and delivery of effective care.
- Develop critical skills in the use of assessment in patients with a range of cardiological conditions including stroke.
- Develop critical and in depth understanding in the use of appropriately targeted investigations as a contribution to both reaching an accurate diagnosis and the delivery of safe and effective care.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Clinical Assessments and Investigation
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Decision Making
- Specialist Master Class in Cardiology
- Specialist Master Class in Stroke
- Healthcare Disciplines Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 940 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Hertfordshire and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A degree in a healthcare discipline at 2:2 or above
- The equivalent of 18months Full Time post qualifying experience (excluding internship) and additionally 1 year Full Time in a substantive speciality post in cardiology / stroke
- References will be required to confirm specialist experience.
- Registration with an appropriate professional body.
- Overseas students will need to satisfy the University's English Language requirement of IELTS 6.5 or above (or equivalent), with a minimum of 6.0 in each band
- If you do not have the required level of English for entry, our academic English courses can help you to achieve this level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1580 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1580 GBP per module during 12 months.
National1580 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1580 GBP per module during 12 months.
per 30 credits
Living costs for Hatfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.