Learning, Teaching and Curriculum with emphasis in Mathematics Education from University of Missouri - Columbia is intended for those who wish to improve their mathematics teaching practice and to gain a broader understanding of issues related to teaching and learning mathematics, K-12.
Our program prepares teachers, curriculum leaders and teacher educators for professional excellence. With the rapid changes in education–especially developments in instructional materials and techniques, curriculum construction and classroom organization — teachers who have completed their certification may need to update, refine and extend their knowledge and skills.
- Problems in Curriculum and Instruction
- Assessment in Mathematics Education
- Contemporary Curriculum Issues in Mathematics Education
- Teaching and Learning Number/Operations Advanced
- Teaching and Learning Rational Number Advanced
- Teaching and Learning Geometry and Measurement Advanced
- Teaching and Learning Algebraic Reasoning Advanced
- Technology and Mathematics Education
- Teaching Data Analysis and Mathematical Modeling
- Secondary Mathematics from an Advanced Perspective
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Teaching View 1851 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Completion of an appropriate preliminary degree with a GPA of 3.0 or better (master’s applicants: completion of bachelor’s degree; Specialist applicants: completion of master’s degree
- Evidence of at least 2 years of successful experience in an appropriate field
- Minimum GRE Scores
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Personal data sheet form (built into the Graduate School online application)
- Statement of purpose
- All emphasis areas desire at least 2 letters of recommendation, regardless of GPA.
International23140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23140 USD per year during 12 months.
National23140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23140 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12809 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12809 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.