At Learning, Teaching and Curriculum with emphasis in Early Childhood Education, Certification from University of Missouri - Columbia students will gain increased knowledge and skills in the design, delivery and evaluation of educational services to children from birth through age 8. The program addresses the essential problems of practice with special emphasis given to effective teaching approaches for children who are at risk for school failure: children with special needs, children who are English-language learners and children who have challenging behaviors.
Our program prepares teachers, curriculum leaders and teacher educators for professional excellence. With the rapid changes in education–especially developments in instructional materials and techniques, curriculum construction and classroom organization — teachers who have completed their certification may need to update, refine and extend their knowledge and skills.
- Play, Inquiry, and Project-based Learning in Classrooms with Young Children
- Advanced Assessment in Early Childhood
- Language Acquisition and Development
- Home-School Partnerships: Working with Families
- Instructional Leadership and Advocacy in Early Childhood Education
- Guiding all Readers Toward Independence
- Literature Opportunities: Using Children's and Young Adult's Literature in the Classroom
- Advanced Behavior Management: Applied Behavior Analysis
- Young Children with Autism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 1865 other Masters in Teaching in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Missouri - Columbia and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completion of an appropriate preliminary degree with a GPA of 3.0 or better (master’s applicants: completion of bachelor’s degree; Specialist applicants: completion of master’s degree
- Evidence of at least 2 years of successful experience in an appropriate field
- Minimum GRE Scores
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Personal data sheet form (built into the Graduate School online application)
- Statement of purpose
- All emphasis areas desire at least 2 letters of recommendation, regardless of GPA.
International23140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23140 USD per year during 12 months.
National23140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23140 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12809 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12809 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.