The MA in Statistics at University College Dublin provides an alternative pathway in 16 months and there is no comparable programme in Ireland or the UK.
CareerCareer prospects on completion of the MA in Statistics are equivalent to that of the MSc in Statistics and graduates pursue careers in the pharmaceutical industry (e.g. Elan, Quintiles), banking, finance, and risk management.There is increased demand for statisticians from the IT sector (e.g. Google, Intel, data mining companies). In addition many government departments employ statisticians. Some past students embarked on a career in academia by proceeding to study for a PhD in Statistics. Former MSc and MA students are currently working for such firms as Google, Western Union, AIB, Norbrook, EY, O2 and SPSS, while others chose to do a PhD. Demand for graduates continues to be strong both in Ireland and abroad.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Technical Communication
- Mathematical Statistics
- Numerical Algorithms
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Applied Matrix Theory
- Actuarial Statistics I
- Actuarial Statistics II
- Data Programming with R
- Survey Sampling
- Survival Models
- Nonparametric Statistics
- Multivariate Analysis
- Bayesian Analysis
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 9 other Masters in Statistics in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This programme is intended for applicants who hold a degree in Statistics or a cognate subject area. An upper second class honours, or international equivalent is required.
- Those who have been awarded an upper second class honours or higher in the Higher Diploma in Statistics are eligible for the programme.
- Alternatively students may qualify for enrolment for the four semester MA in Statistics which brings them to the same level as the MSc in Statistics.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
International19825 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19825 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8045 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8045 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU fee per year - € 4390
- nonEU fee per year - € 12800
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.