The MA in Statistics at University College Dublin provides an alternative pathway in 16 months and there is no comparable programme in Ireland or the UK.
CareerCareer prospects on completion of the MA in Statistics are equivalent to that of the MSc in Statistics and graduates pursue careers in the pharmaceutical industry (e.g. Elan, Quintiles), banking, finance, and risk management.There is increased demand for statisticians from the IT sector (e.g. Google, Intel, data mining companies). In addition many government departments employ statisticians. Some past students embarked on a career in academia by proceeding to study for a PhD in Statistics. Former MSc and MA students are currently working for such firms as Google, Western Union, AIB, Norbrook, EY, O2 and SPSS, while others chose to do a PhD. Demand for graduates continues to be strong both in Ireland and abroad.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Technical Communication
- Predictive Analytics I
- Advanced Predictive Analytics
- Statistical Machine Learning
- 16 months
- 32 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 10 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This programme is intended for applicants with a degree in Mathematics, Economics, Finance, certain Engineering degrees or similar quantitative disciplines where statistics has formed some component of the degree. An upper second class honours, or international equivalent is required.
- Applicants who do not meet these requirements but can demonstrate an interest and ability in statistics may be considered.
- Alternatively students may qualify for enrolment to the Higher Diploma Statistics from which they can gain entry to the 1-year MSc in Statistics.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
International19825 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19825 EUR per year and a duration of 16 months.
EU/EEA10610 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10610 EUR per year and a duration of 16 months.
- EU fee per year - € 3740
- nonEU fee per year - € 6610
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.