During this MSc Data Science from University of Dundee you will be taught by industry experts currently working in the field, increasing your understanding of real life situations you could face in your career. You can also study a part-time version of this course.
From the apps you use on your phone to the items you buy from the supermarket, data is being gathered every second of every day. With so much data to analyse, data scientists are in high demand throughout the commercial and academic industries.
Unlike other courses in this field, you do not need an advanced understanding of mathematics, as the course focuses on how to apply the principles of data science to the data you are working with rather than just the equations.
From programming languages for data science to big data analysis, our modules ensure you have the range of knowledge you require to succeed in the field of data science.
Under the guidance of our academic staff, you will also undertake a research project. Recent projects examples have looked at alternative audience forecasting methods for TV content, and improving the quality of decision making and error reduction in payroll.
You will gain the skills to meet industry standards and requirements, meaning that you will be able to work in a number of areas including:
- intelligence analysis
- data management
- database maintenance
- data processing management
- database development and research
- business intelligence consultancy
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analytical Database Models and Design
- Big Data Analysis (MSc Business Intelligence)
- Programming Languages for Data Science
- Data Science Research Project
- Machine Learning for Data Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 666 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- You should have, or expect to have, an honours degree at 2.1 or above, in Computing (or equivalent qualifications).
- However, if you don't meet this requirement you may still apply in which case you will need to prove that you have equivalent experience in the field in order to be accepted onto the course.
- All applicants will need to undergo a technical interview to ensure they have the necessary background to undertake the course.
- So that we can assess your suitability for Data Science MSc, you may be invited to have an informal discussion with one of academics.
This will allow us to get to know more about you and your interests, including your prior university study and experience using programming languges and databases.
International22950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9150 GBP per year during 12 months.
Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland - £ 9,150 per year of study
EU/International - £ 22,950 per year of study
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.