Data Science is now one of the most sought after roles in the commercial and academic worlds. So much so that finding a qualified data scientist is known as "hunting the unicorn".
This MSc Data Science from University of Dundee will prepare you to become a data scientist, a person who excels at manipulating and analysing data, particularly large data sets that don't fit easily into tabular structures (so-called "Big Data").
The MSc Data Science at the University of Dundee is unique both in the material it delivers and in the way it is taught. Aimed at people currently working in IT who wish to obtain a formal qualification whilst continuing to work, the program will equip you with the knowledge you need to succeed in Data Science, whether you are already working in the field or you wish to move into this exciting and growing area. The course is usually taken part-time over two years, although it can be taken full time or as stand-alone modules or as a Post Graduate Certificate.
Various job sites now report an increase in jobs carrying the title of data scientist. Other career opportunities are in intelligence analysis, data management/database maintenance, data processing manager, database development and research, business intelligence consultant and more.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Data Science
- Big Data Analysis
- Analytical Database Models and Design
- Introduction to Data Mining
- Programming Languages for Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Data Science Mini Project
- Data Science Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 616 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- You should have, or expect to have, an honours degree at 2.1 or above, in Computing (or equivalent qualifications).
- However, if you don't meet this requirement you may still apply in which case you will need to prove that you have equivalent experience in the field in order to be accepted onto the course.
- All applicants will need to undergo a technical interview to ensure they have the necessary background to undertake the course.
International21950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8750 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.