You will have graduated from a physics- or applied mathematics-based degree with substantial physics component and have an interest in physics teaching at a higher education level.
Why choose this course?
- The Department is a founder member of SEPnet, the South East Physics Network of physics departments, which supports vital research, teaching and development in the South East.
- Our research lies at the forefront of fundamental physics – from quantum information processing, through top-rated particle physics experiments to the theoretical understanding of space, time and matter.
CareersPhysics with Education degree offered at University of Sussex graduates go on to take research degrees, or take up employment in a range of industries in roles such as:
- business/data analysis
- computer programming
- software development
- research and teaching technical support.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Particle Physics
- Astrophysical Processes
- Atom Light Interactions
- Beyond the Standard Model
- Data Analysis Techniques
- Early Universe
- Electrons, Cold Atoms & Quantum Circuits
- Experimental Quantum Technologies and Foundations
- Further Quantum Mechanics
- General Relativity
- Introduction to Cosmology
- Introduction to Nano-materials and Nano-characterisation
- Particle Physics Detector Technology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEducation Physics View 858 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
You should normally have a lower second-class (2.2) undergraduate honours degree.
- Subject-specific requirements
International22500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £11,000 per year for full-time students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.