You will explore at an advanced level the main theories and issues concerning the interaction of governments, business and other societal actors within different regions and across the globe. It is one of the most international courses in its field in the UK, currently attracting students from over 30 countries, offering you a rich diversity of backgrounds and perspectives.
This International Political Economy MA course at King's College London offers an in-depth analysis of the major scholarly debates in international political economy. We will give you an understanding of global issues from a variety of perspectives, including critical and heterodox. You will examine a wide range of interdisciplinary approaches on the required module – International Political Economy: Theory and Issues – and then choose from a wide range of modules covering specific regions or issues to allow you to pursue your own interests in greater depth.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the major interests, institutions and ideas that shape the global political economy.
- Explore the interaction of politics and economics at the international level from a variety of perspectives in an interdisciplinary programme hosted by an interdisciplinary department.
- Study at a world-class institution, ranked 15th in the world, and 5th in Europe, for politics and international relations by the 2020 QS World University Rankings.
- Learn from world-leading scholars who contributed greatly to King’s College London being ranked first in the United Kingdom for research power in the field of politics and international relations in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework.
Career prospectsGraduates from this course have gone on to prestigious positions, including in UK government departments such as the Foreign Office and the Treasury; global governance bodies such as the World Bank, United Nations, the World Federation of Exchanges, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the African Development Bank; major financial institutions such as Credit Suisse and HSBC; consultancy firms such as McKinsey & Co.; and lobbying groups within the European Commission and beyond. Overall our graduates have embarked on highly successful careers in the public, private and third sectors in the United Kingdom, the European continent, as well as further afield Asia, Africa and the Americas.
- International Political Economy: Theories and Issues
- International Political Economy of Energy Markets
- Global Governance and International Organisations
- The Political Economy of International Production
- Critical Political Economy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Political Science View 572 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelors degree with 2:1 is usually required in a relevant subject area within the Humanities or Social Sciences.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required. In the personal statement, students should outline a likely dissertation topic, and try to provide a breakdown of the courses/modules studied at undergraduate level.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- One academic reference is required. A professional reference will be accepted if you have completed your qualifications over five years ago. In some cases, we may request an additional reference from you.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International25950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14070 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14070 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home fees: £7,035 per year
- Overseas fees: £12,975 per year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.