At Educational, School, and Counseling Psychology (with emphasis in Sport Psychology) from University of Missouri - Columbia is a strong emphasis on learning thru experience, where the experiences derived in and with athletic teams and with a college career center.
Students who choose this specialty area have an interest in working with the careers of individuals in the world of sports (sport coaches, strength and conditioning coaches, athletic trainers, athletic academic counselors, Life Skills coordinators, athletic administrators, career coaches, life coaches, and the like).
- Theories and Techniques of Counseling
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Psychological Practice
- Methods in Group Counseling
- Interviewing, Diagnosis, and Assessment
- Sport Psychology
- Positive Psychology
- Applied Sport Psychology
- Sport in America
- Problems in Educational, School, and Counseling Psychology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Counselling Educational Psychology View 4051 other Masters in Education in United States
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Scholarly paper that you have written as a substitute for the GRE. This paper is widely defined but should showcase your ability to analyze a topic in depth and/or showcase your knowledge in terms of research methods.
- 3 letters of recommendation via the online application
- Personal statement and vitae via online application per departmental requirements
International24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 24 months.
National24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12213 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.