Working with a mentor, students build a plan of study that suits their career interests and future goals. All students take coursework that provides a strong foundation in research methods and statistical analysis that culminates in the completion of a master's thesis.
Multiple opportunities to pursue individual research interests, as well as to conduct collaborative research with faculty are available. Graduate Teaching Assistantships are available. Students are able to tailor a portion of their coursework to their individual career plans.
Graduates from the MS program in Experimental Psychology at Fort Hays State University have gone on to doctoral programs in psychology at institutions such as the University of Oklahoma, Kansas State University, Wichita State University, and Texas Tech University. In addition, graduates now work at businesses or with non-profit organizations, have attended medical school and law school, and have sought advanced degrees in other related fields. Faculty involved with the MS program in Experimental Psychology conduct research in various fields and are able to help students develop a specific program of study and research.
Many FHSU psychology graduates have gone on to pursue graduate school, while others have become school psychologists, counselors and more. Some don't pursue a career directly related to the practice of psychology upon graduation, but instead take their insights about human behavior, research skills and communication skills to enter a wide variety of careers in business, education or government fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Experimental Methods
- Inferential Statistics
- Cognitive Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology View 1089 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Using Google Chrome, submit an Application for Graduate Admission at the appropriate website:
- Pay the $40 domestic application fee or $50 international application fee.
- Provide the Graduate School with an official bachelor's degree transcript and master's degree transcript (if applicable) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Provide entrance examination scores as required by individual departments.
- Provide letters of recommendation.
- Provide any other documents required by specific departments, such as a personal statement or vita, background check release, writing sample, or digital art slides.
- International students must provide evidence of their ability to speak English.
International20130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 610 USD per credit during 12 months.
National20130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 610 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State7986 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 242 USD per credit during 12 months.
Graduate On-Campus (contiguous state) $341.29
Living costs for Hays
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.