Delivered primarily online, the Maxillofacial Prosthetic Rehabilitation MSc at King's College London will enable you to develop your technical skills and develop higher standards of clinical practice. The content is prepared by world-leading experts, augmented with face-to-face training, and enables you to enhance your knowledge of prosthetic facial rehabilitation and improve your clinical and technical skills while continuing to practice.
This course will allow you to develop and demonstrate your extended knowledge, understanding and advanced skills in the treatment of patients who require prosthetic facial rehabilitation. You will study and practice a broad range of treatments for the replacement of missing hard and soft tissues, using both traditional and advanced digital technologies. The course includes:
- Advanced prosthodontics, implantology, ocular prosthetics, fixed and removable prosthodontics, treatment planning and prosthesis design.
- Digital technology, colour science, medical emergencies, cross infection control and care of medically/clinically compromised patients.
- Biomaterials science, craniofacial implants, silicone elastomers and gels, tissue engineering and bone substitutes, biocompatibility.
- Psychology of managing terminally ill patients, counselling skills and forming integrated care plans, or intra oral implantology, and advanced fixed and removable prosthodontics.
- Internationally renowned centre of excellence for teaching and research.
- Pioneers of distance learning in dentistry with over 20 years’ experience.
- Intensive face-to-face residential blocks, teaching theory and best clinical practice.
- International teaching team of world experts.
- Maxillofacial & Ocular Prosthetics
- Patient management
- Research methods
- Applied Science of Maxillofacial & Craniofacial Technology
- Psychological & Social Issues
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences View 159 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UK applicants will be expected to have a diploma in Professional Studies (Maxillofacial Prosthetics & Technology) or a degree in Dental Technology with at least two years post-qualification technical experience.
- International requirements
- Overseas applicants should have a dental technology qualification and at least two years postgraduate experience.
- Overseas applicants will not be expected to have completed the Diploma in Professional studies but must have a focused interest in maxillofacial and craniofacial technology.
- Overseas applicants will also be accepted with a dental qualification if employed as a prosthodontist in a dental practice, dental school, hospital, or community dental services environment.
- High quality internet connection for tutorials with minimum speeds of 2Mbps down and 3Mbps up
- Headset, microphone and webcam
- Cookies must be enabled.
- Popup windows must be enabled.
International10200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 GBP per year during 36 months.
National10200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.