Designing and making molecules with high specificity is a key competence in chemistry. Engineers with a solid molecular background play a prominent role in developing and improving chemical systems ranging from novel catalysts to biomedical materials.
These engineers work at the frontiers of science, learning the rules that govern chemical self-assembly and applying them to new areas like organic solar cells and responsive materials.
As a materials scientist you will work on developing novel or existing materials and processes. This includes the synthesis and characterization of polymeric materials as well as processing into a final product or device.
Within the Molecular Systems and Materials Chemistry programme from Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), you can choose to focus on polymer chemistry, polymer technology, or materials and coatings technology.
The MSc program in Chemical Engineering prepares you for a varied career and gives you broad options when you face the job market. For example, you could work as a researcher, a research team leader, a process or product engineer, an environmental advisor, policy assistant or lecturer.
Many managers working in the chemicals industry have a background in chemical engineering. In trade and industry you can start work in a job in which your organizational, coordinating and supervisory qualities are required. Governments, too, employ numerous chemical engineers.
For example in environmental services and water boards, and in healthcare. You will even find our graduates in design consultancies and patent offices.
- Characterization of Materials
- Molecular Photophysics
- ICMS Industrial Challenge
- International Research/ Design Work Placement
- Essentials of Polymer Reaction Engineering
- Polymer Membranes for Sustainable Process Applications
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Chemistry Molecular Sciences View 37 other Masters in Chemistry in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A sufficient level of academic knowledge, skills and competences.
- A Licenciado / Licenciatura, Titulo de Ingeniero (Superior), Titulo de Arquitecto or Titulo de Graduado degree (obtained after at least 4 years = 240 ECTS of studies) from an accredited university.
- A Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 7.0/10.
- Specific subject related knowledge and skills depending on the program of your choice (see check your eligibility)
- a certain level of English proficiency
International16400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16400 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Eindhoven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.