To develop these skills. During the Medical Statistics programme offered at the University of Leicester, you will work on two mini-projects and will be introduced to consultancy skills throughout the course. The mini-projects involve analysing data arising from real problems and data sets and presenting a report on the findings.
Your choice of option module allows you to specialise in one particular area:
- If you choose to study the 'Genetic Epidemiology' option module, your degree will be an MSc in Medical Statistics with specialisation in Genetic Epidemiology
- If you choose to study the 'Health Technology Assessment' option module, your degree will be an MSc in Medical Statistics with specialisation in Health Technology Assessment
- If you choose to study the 'Further Topics in Medical Statistics' option module, your degree will be an MSc in Medical Statistics
Careers and employability
The demand for medical statisticians is high and many employers contact us with job opportunities and to give careers talks to try to recruit graduates. For further information about a career in medical/pharmaceutical statistics please look at:
- RSS statistics careers for general and medical/pharmaceutical specific careers information
- PSI careers website for pharmaceutical statistician careers advice
This course has been accredited by the Royal Statistical Society 2017/18 up to 2020/21. On graduation you will be able to apply for the professional award of Graduate Statistician.
- Medical Statistics
- Statistical Modelling
- Statistical Computing and Inference
- Computationally Intensive Methods
- Advanced Statistical Modelling
- Clinical Trials
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Statistics Actuarial Science View 104 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Leicester and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
The course is intended mainly for students with a good honours degree of which mathematics/statistics is the main subject, and with a working knowledge of basic probability and statistics. However, applicants with other suitable backgrounds will be considered by the course team.
International16850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16850 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National8250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.