This Global Diplomacy - South Asia (Online Learning) programme from SOAS University of London will give you a theoretically and historically informed understanding of the practice of international diplomacy, broadly conceived, and its applications in South Asia.
Research is a key component of this programme and upon completion students will have the skills to:
- think critically, with reference to theoretical and empirical (historical and/or contemporary) content about international studies, diplomacy, and political economy in South Asia
- develop and practice the ability to see – and to comment on – the strengths and the weaknesses of others’ ideas and arguments.
The MA Global Diplomacy: South Asia programme is delivered by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD) and the SOAS South Asia Institute (SSAI), in association with the FCO's Diplomatic Academy, using a combination of multi-disciplinary teaching, cutting-edge research and public discussion of diplomacy and international politics in a globalised world.
Students from SOAS’s Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD) develop an in-depth understanding of international affairs, contemporary diplomatic practice and policy-makers. Graduates leave with a portfolio of transferable skills such as critical analysis, problem solving, negotiation and communication, all of which are valued by employers across a number of sectors.
Recent CISD graduates have been hired by:
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Ernst & Young
- European Centre for Democracy and Human Rights
- Government of India
- International Rescue Committee
- Medical Aid for Palestinians
- The Commonwealth
- UK National Commission for UNESCO
- United Nations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Art of Negotiation
- Economics, Politics and Society in South Asia
- Afghanistan: Strategic and Geopolitical Perspectives
- America and the World: US Foreign Policy
- Cultural Diplomacy
- Digital Diplomacy
- Diplomatic Systems
- Ethnic & Religious Conflict in South East Asia in Historical Perspective
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations International Development View 47 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A minimum upper second class honours degree (or equivalent). We welcome applications from academically strong individuals from a wide variety of fields and backgrounds. Candidates with a lower class degree but with degree-relevant work experience may be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National6000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.