Research is a key component of this programme upon completion will give students the skills to:
- think critically, with reference to theoretical and empirical (historical and/or contemporary) content about international studies, diplomacy, and political economy in South Asia
- develop and practice the ability to see – and to comment on – the strengths and the weaknesses of others’ ideas and arguments.
The Global Diplomacy - South Asia (Online Learning) programme at SOAS University of London is delivered by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD) and the SOAS South Asia Institute (SSAI), in association with the FCO's Diplomatic Academy, using a combination of multi-disciplinary teaching, cutting-edge research and public discussion of diplomacy and international politics in a globalised world.
This programme is available as a Masters, Postgraduate Diploma and Postgraduate Certificate level.
Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
This programme is taught 100% online through our VLE. In the VLE you will have access to learning materials and course resources anytime so you can fit your studies around your existing commitments. For each module, students will be provided with access, through both the SOAS Library and the University of London’s Online Library, to all necessary materials from a range of appropriate sources.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Art of Negotiation
- Economics, Politics and Society in South Asia
- Afghanistan: Strategic and Geopolitical Perspectives
- America and the World: US Foreign Policy
- Cultural Diplomacy
- Digital Diplomacy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations International Development View 24 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
- A minimum upper second class honours degree (or equivalent). We welcome applications from academically strong individuals from a wide variety of fields and backgrounds. Candidates with a lower class degree but with degree-relevant work experience may be considered.
International6000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.