The Linguistics programme at University College Dublin nurtures essential academic values such as systematic and empirically-based investigation and critical reflection. The programme provides a flexible learning environment and encourages students to identify and pursue their own research interests. Modules apply a range of teaching and learning approaches and are taught by experienced academic staff.
CareerLinguistics interfaces with a range of areas. It can lead to careers in:
- language teaching
- computer science
- cognitive science
- speech and language therapy
- speech processing
- artificial intelligence
- publishing and media
More informationVisit official programme website
- Human Language Technologies
- Minority Languages
- Grad Language Impairment
- Global English
- Intercultural Communication
- Psychology of Language and Language Acquisition
- Behavioural Neuroscience
- Second Language Teaching and Learning
- Second Language Acquisition
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Linguistics View 43 other Masters in Language Studies in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences normally with a minimum 2.1 or an equivalent of a UCD GPA of 3.08 (NFQ Level 8 ) or equivalent. A sample of cognate areas include Linguistics, Languages, Computational Sciences, Cognitive Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology and Geography.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.5 in each element), or equivalent.
International19900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19900 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7315 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7315 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU fee per year - € 4390
- nonEU fee per year - € 9950
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.