There is also the possibility to gain the ‘Theoretical Physics for Technology’ certificate intended for students with extra interest in the more theoretical and fundamental aspects of the chosen specialization.
Skills that will be developed at this Applied Physics - Mastertrack Nano, Quantum and Photonics programme from Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
- a focus on a combination of physics and chemistry in bio/nano-engineering
- doing research on a wide range of materials such as organic macromolecular systems, polymers, semiconductors, oxides, and metals
- ability to develop functional applications
There is constant demand from industry and research institutes for graduates who can work at the boundaries between physics, chemistry and biology. Graduates can find employment in research and development laboratories in industry, for example at Philips, ASML, DSM, and Océ, or at research institutes such as TNO. You could also take up a position that makes use of your organizational and leadership qualities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced fluid dynamics
- Micro- and nano-fluidics
- Polymer physics
- Landau theory and the statics and dynamics of phase transitions
- Organic electronics
- Molecular photophysics
- Nano spintronics
- Advanced single molecule microscopy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We strongly advise that you apply as soon as possible and ensure that your complete application arrives at TU/e by mid April at the latest.
DisciplinesPhysics Molecular Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 34 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The student needs to have sufficient academic knowledge and engineering and academic skills in the area of (applied) physics.
- A finished BSc education program that is equivalent to a Dutch BSc Applied Physics or Theoretical Physics or a variation on these.
- A BSc degree in Physics is required. This can be Applied Physics, Theoretical Physics or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16200 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2083 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2083 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Various scholarships are open to students wishing to follow a Master's program at Eindhoven University of Technology. A requirement of most scholarships is that you have been admitted to a Master's program before you may apply to the scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.