- Approximately 40% of courses will be online
- Other courses will be “hybrid” and take place in a secondary school classroom. Individuals currently teaching at the secondary level may use their own classroom at their place of employment for course-related activities.
- Emphasis on competency-based skills and real-world situations
- “Coaching” of each teacher candidate is integral to the program
- Emphasis on the individual student and his/her particular situation
- Readily-available advising
- Loyola is a Jesuit university and degrees from Jesuit institutions are recognized across the US and all over the world for their rigor and quality.
- Students are able to complete the program in a little more than a year, provided a minimum of 9 hours is carried each semester (including summers)
- Graduate tuition rate of $409 per credit hour = half the regular graduate tuition at Loyola
- The MAT degree program is ideal for an individual currently holding a teaching position but has yet to be certified. The program is designed with working professionals in mind. One of our courses on research in the area of “Best Practices in Teaching” will be intellectually stimulating and practical at the same time. All teachers could benefit from this course.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Multiculturalism and Social Justice
- Exceptional Individuals in a Diverse Society
- The Adolescent Learner
- Differentiated Instruction: Applications
- Language and Literacy in a Diverse Society
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Only feedback on assignments and exams, Continuous support with feedback on request
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesTeaching View 1044 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Complete a Master of Arts in Teaching application.
- Submit Official Undergraduate Degree Transcript from a regionally accredited college or university (Must have a non-education degree)
- Submit any additional undergraduate transcripts whether or not you earned a degree.
- Cumulative Undergraduate GPA of a 3.0
- Official GRE test score
- Official Praxis I test score (Also accepted: ACT/SAT score above a composite 22/1030 OR if you currently have a Graduate degree
- Official Praxis II test score in your chosen academic content area
- Three Professional References
International409 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 409 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National409 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 409 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.