Specialists who can work at the interface between medicine, man and technology, and who have the interdisciplinary knowledge and skills to drive research and development forward to an advanced level, are currently in high demand. The Biomedical Engineering programme from Furtwangen University provides these competencies. It is a postgraduate programme for those with a degree in a related field, such as engineering, natural sciences and medicine.
Why study Biomedical Engineering?
- Expertise at the interface between medicine, man and technology
- Doctorate opportunities
- Interdisciplinary degree programme with various specialization options (biomedicine or medical engineering)
- Research-oriented projects integrated in course
- Extensive cooperation projects with clinics, industry and research institutions
- Lecturers are experts with academic and industrial background
- Small groups and individual support
- First-class job prospects
- Well-respected university with many years of experience in offering medical engineering bachelor's and master's programmes
- Modelling, simulation and systems theory play an increasingly important role in modern technology. Often, problems in research and development can only be solved using these engineering tools.
- The Biomedicine specialization focuses on the methods and processes of red biotechnology, cellular biology and systems biology, and is ideal if you have a degree in biotechnology, chemistry or pharmacy.
- The Medical Engineering specialization focuses on signal processing, medical metrology and medical modelling, and is ideal if you have a degree in medical engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or the natural sciences.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biology View 22 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A university entrance qualification enabling study at a German University (e.g. high school leaving certificate)
- An above-average bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the field of engineering or the natural sciences, or a closely related field
- English language certificate at least equivalent to CEFR B2, IBT TOEFL 72, IELTS 6, or confirmation from the university that the language of instruction and examination was English
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Villingen-Schwenningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.