At Educational, School, and Counseling Psychology (with an Emphasis in Counseling Psychology) from University of Missouri - Columbia students will complete core coursework in counseling psychology and receive clinical training in the form of practicum experience and research training through faculty labs, research teams, and other research projects. They will also be required to complete an independent research manuscript during their second year in the program. This program has more of a research focus than most counseling masters programs.
Graduates with Educational, School, and Counseling Psychology (with an Emphasis in Counseling Psychology) from University of Missouri - Columbia will:
- collaborate on research and service-related projects
- focuse on improving life for learners in all environments.
- Counseling Methods and Practices
- Social and Cultural Foundations
- Multicultural Issues in Counseling
- Theories and Techniques of Counseling
- Lifespan Development
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Psychological Practice
- Methods in Group Counseling
- Interviewing, Diagnosis, and Assessment
- Overview of Research Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation School Counselling Educational Psychology View 575 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Scholarly paper that you have written as a substitute for the GRE. This paper is widely defined but should showcase your ability to analyze a topic in depth and/or showcase your knowledge in terms of research methods.
- 3 letters of recommendation via the online application
- Personal statement and vitae via online application per departmental requirements
International23140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23140 USD per year during 24 months.
National23140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23140 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12809 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12809 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.