At Addictions Counseling from University of Central Oklahoma leadership/management skill development will be stressed in order to keep pace with the field’s quickly evolving standards of best practices and legal/political changes. Moreover, the graduate degree will promote sound research supporting proper advancements in the treatment of the debilitating diseases of substance abuse and dependency.
Students at Addictions Counseling from University of Central Oklahoma will:
- achieve their intellectual, professional, personal, and creative potential;
- contribute to the intellectual, cultural, economic and social advancement of the communities and individuals it serves.
- develop their skills not only in therapeutic practices but also in the area of social advocacy for better treatment and facilities.
- Advanced Individual Counseling
- Advanced Family Counseling
- Psychopharmacology and Neurobiology of Addiction
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 667 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- Online application for admission.
- Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts from each institution attended with all degrees posted. All transcripts must be from accredited institutions.
- A minimum 2.75 GPA overall or 3.00 GPA in the last 60 hours attempted.
- Completion of 18 hours in substance abuse studies or behavioral science with a GPA of 3.00.
- Application will be allowed for those candidates possessing a master’s degree from an appropriately accredited university/ college in behavioral science.
- Applicants shall submit a one (1) page paper at the time of application stating, “Why I will be successful as a licensed alcohol and drug counselor.”
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, one (1) must be from a licensed drug and alcohol counselor, or the equivalent licensure from another state, submitted at the time of application.
- Students with a native language other than English must submit evidence of English language proficiency.
International14600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 USD per year during 12 months.
- Residents tuition: $297.60 per credit hour
- Non-Resident Tuition: $417.00 per credit hour
Living costs for Edmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.