About this program
Students will learn a wide variety of knowledge, skills and abilities and learn how to apply what they know in the areas of healthcare administration, professional development and responsibility. More importantly, they will learn to utilize evidence-based practice to conduct clinical examinations and diagnosis, provide immediate acute care of injuries and illness, formulate and provide therapeutic interventions, promote psychosocial strategies and referral, and prevention and health promotion.
The Athletic Training program at Bellarmine University provides students with a dynamic learning environment to foster open dialog and active learning in the classroom and in the clinical setting. The Catholic social justice tradition of Bellarmine University is exemplified by faculty, staff and students working collaboratively to promote the values of cultural awareness, evidence-based practice and positive outcomes. In preparing competent, ethical and compassionate healthcare providers, we develop graduates that become transformational professional and community leaders to meet the needs of a changing world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Functional Human Gross Anatomy
- Introduction to Assessment
- Assessment: Head & Spine
- Assessment: Lower Extremity
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Sports Sciences View 503 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
The prerequisite courses for the program (Bellarmine course equivalencies in parentheses) are:
- 2 semesters of anatomy and physiology with lab (BIOL 108 & 109)
- 1 semester of exercise physiology (EXSC 240)
- 1 semester of nutrition (NURS 200)
- 1 semester of kinesiology (EXSC 325) OR biomechanics
- 1 semester of health sciences chemistry with lab (CHEM 214)*
- 1 semester of health sciences physics with lab (PHYS 214)*
- 1 semester of psychology (PSYC 103 or 203)
- 1 semester of statistics (MATH 205)
- RECOMMENDED NOT REQUIRED: 1 semester of medical terminology (RTH 120)
International25410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 770 USD per credit during 24 months.
National25410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 770 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Newburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.