Athletic Training students work alongside Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT) students and faculty on campus as well as in classes, clinical settings, community-based engagement as well as study abroad opportunities to the Dominican Republic.
Graduate from a CAATE accredited entry-level master’s program and become a certified athletic trainer. Certified athletic trainers are in demand at colleges and universities, high schools, professional sports teams, physician’s practices, hospitals, corporate and government workplaces including military and veteran facilities.
Students at Bellarmine University will learn a wide variety of knowledge, skills and abilities and learn how to apply what they know in the areas of healthcare administration, professional development and responsibility. More importantly, they will learn to utilize evidence-based practice to conduct clinical examinations and diagnosis, provide immediate acute care of injuries and illness, formulate and provide therapeutic interventions, promote psychosocial strategies and referral, and prevention and health promotion.
- Functional Human Gross Anatomy
- General Medical Conditions
- Assessment: Head & Spine
- Assessment: Lower Extremity
- Interprofessional Experience
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Sports Sciences View 2302 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Submit online application at the Athletic Training Centralized Application Service.
- Minimum pre-requisite GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- Satisfactory completion of all program prerequisites prior to entering the professional curriculum
- Grade of “C” or better in all prerequisite courses
- If overall cumulative GPA is below a 2.75, the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) must be taken with scores (within the last 5 years) sent to Bellarmine University (School Code 1056).
- The ability to meet Technical Standards.
- Final official transcript(s) from each college or university attended should be submitted directly to ATCAS. If any transcript(s) or undergraduate degree(s) is from an international institution, you must provide an official copy of a third party course by course credential evaluation to ATCAS.
International26235 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 795 USD per credit during 24 months.
National26235 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 795 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Newburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.