The Applied Social and Political Psychology programme from Keele University will equip you to engage critically and analytically with these issues and help you to develop novel ways of thinking about yourself, those around you and society at large.
The theoretical and applied nature of this programme will offer you the opportunity to study how psychology helps interpret some of the most pressing social and political issues facing human society inPG Psychology the 21st Century and how it can contribute to tackling some of them.
In addition to your taught components, you will have the opportunity to undertake a dissertation project on a topic of your choice under the direct supervision of a member of staff. You will be able to use quantitative, qualitative, or mixed-method approaches.
A further unique feature of this degree programme is that it involves you in the design and implementation of an Action Research Project that is aimed at bringing a tangible, positive change on or off campus in collaboration with your fellow students and under the supervision of your Module Leader.
The programme is aimed primarily at students with a degree in Psychology but will also be valuable and relevant to students with an interest or background in Criminology, International Relations, Politics, Sociology, History, and other relevant Social Sciences degrees. Applicants without a degree will be considered on a case by case basis, where they can provide evidence of relevant professional experience or other experiential prior learning.
Following this programme, you will have an excellent basis to pursue the various career paths, including:
- PhD research degree
- Media political & social analysist
- Researcher and advisor in local and national governments
- Researcher and consultant in non-profit organisations
- Researcher and advisor to community and mental health organisations
- Development officer in educational and training settings
- Human resources
- Civil service
- Setting up your own start-up company in social enterprise
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Cognitive Neuroscience Research Methods
- Research Apprenticeship in Psychology
- Contemporary Research in Psychology
- Advanced Research Skills and Design
- Advanced Quantitative Data Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no fixed closing dates for the majority of our courses, however some courses may become full and close early.
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology Political Science View 856 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- This course is open to graduates with a first or upper second-class degree in psychology, political science, international relations, peace studies, philosophy, gender studies, history, sociology, anthropology or overseas equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK - PT £5,200
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.