In this two year programme in Theatre Directing at The University of Wales Trinity Saint David you will examine the mechanics of managing a rehearsal room and develop strategies and techniques for a creative, collaborative process.
You will be working with Theatre professionals and creative practitioners to understand and explore the work of the theatre director in theory and in practice.
What you will learn
The Programme provides students with the opportunity to develop and demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of, and practical experience, in:
- the demands and expectations of the theatre director working in the contemporary theatrical context;
- the director’s comprehension and application of techniques and methods for script rehearsal and performance;
- aspects of the modernist movement in relation to drama and theatre through the work of selected European dramatists;
- developing and staging both a Main House production as an assistant director and ‘studio’ theatre show as the main director.
- Theatre Directing Theory and Practice
- Approaches to Directing 1: Script, Rehearsal & Performance
- Approaches to Directing 2: Theatre Styles
- The Assistant Director project
- The Directing project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign Theatre & Dance View 526 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
- Initial degree (2:1 or higher)
- Non-graduate with professional experience in the field
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lampeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.