The MA Advanced Vocal Studies programme at The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is an intensive programme designed to prepare you for the demands of the modern vocal performance world. Vocal Technique and repertoire development is central to the programme with support through regular sessions by visiting practitioners (masterclasses and coaching sessions) who are currently active in the industry and renowned in their field.
The Academy provides a highly specialised and unique environment for a small number of singers and accompanists at the early stage of their training, recruiting young artists globally. Students work with the best vocal technicians, coaches, eminent conductors and international stars from the operatic world in order to develop their art to the highest professional standards.
An exciting Vocal Performance Education Centre, proud of its mixture of International, Academic and Industry based Staff and Coaches. The Academy’s work ethic is based on respect and co-operation. Having networks with industry professionals and continuing relationships with students who now work in the industry, both who return as coaches, we feel we can offer an ever current training and education to our joining students.
You will be prepared for potential careers in vocal performance, Opera, theatre, education and music related areas. Completion of the programme would also enable you to progress to further postgraduate study and research.
- Vocal Technique
- Operatic Repertoire & Performance
- Art Song Repertoire & Performance
- History and understanding of Opera Tradition in relation to the vocal performer
- Professional development in practice and application
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMusic Musicology View 248 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
- Applicants are expected to have a good first degree (a first or upper second), although candidates with lower degree classifications may be admitted at Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma level, with an opportunity to upgrade to Master's level if satisfactory progress is made.
- Every application is considered on its own merit, so places may be offered on the basis of non-standard entry qualifications and criteria, including maturity, professional qualifications and relevant experience. Applicants with non-standard qualifications are advised to submit a short curriculum vitae with their application form.
- All applicants are invited to an audition that will involve a performance and a short interview.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11020 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11020 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lampeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.