The Outdoor Education programme at The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is unique in the UK in adopting a sociocultural approach to better understanding a range of key issues including the nature of adventure, sense of place pedagogy, informal learning, facilitating experiential learning, relationships with nature and healthy outdoor communities. In addition, it supports students in conducting smallscale research studies to inform evidence-based practice.
Why choose this course
- Socio-cultural approach to Outdoor Education to better understand why we have the outdoor sector that we have, as well as possible alternatives.
- Course learning experiences include a combination of experientially focused weekend workshops, Skype tutorials, and e-learning materials.
- Practical experiences include Mountain Bothy, Solo camping, walking/cycling for health, and coasteering experiences.
- Creative assessment tasks including 1 to 1 discussions, seminars and local research projects.
- Strong links to local and national outdoor sector employers, expeditions, and training.
- Applied research focus.
- Philosophical and Cultural Perspectives on Outdoor Education
- Facilitating Learning through Experience
- Debates in Outdoor Education
- Research Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Environmental Sciences View 340 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Graduate applicants must, as a minimum, hold a 2.1 undergraduate degree qualification.
- Applicants who do not hold an undergraduate degree are also welcome to apply and consideration is given to professional and recreational experience, other educational awards, written and verbal communication skills and career aspirations
International7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National2525 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5050 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Lampeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.