This Chinese Daoist Textual Studies Programme at The University of Wales Trinity Saint David will focus on advanced-level engagement with Classical Chinese Daoist texts and the spiritual, cultural and political values and practices that they embody.
Modules will focus on enhancing understanding of Classical Chinese and methodologies such as textual criticism, commentary, and textual analysis.
Possible employment roles for graduates from this programme include:
- teachers and educators in a range of settings in both China and the UK;
- academic researchers in traditional texts and ancient Chinese texts;
- translation work
- educational administration and policy
- ethical business and commercial ventures
- community work and initiatives
- voluntary and travel industries
- heritage conservation; archive and museum work
- corporate and personal coaches/trainers in ancient Chinese ‘wisdom’ and life skills.
The expected employability skills gained by graduates from these programmes are advanced information handling and communication skills; high levels of self and project management; the practical application of high-level skills in textual analysis and interpretation.
- Research Methodologies for the Study of Sinology
- Daoist Text Studies 1: “Daodejing”
- Daoist Text Studies 2: “Zhuangzi”
- Interpretation of The Four Books
- Readings from the Governing Principles of Ancient China
- Classical Chinese Texts in English
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Philosophy & Ethics Languages View 242 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United Kingdom
- Each application will be considered on its own merit and will be based upon an interview with relevant teaching staff within the University and the Academy of Sinology.
- The bilingual nature of the programme requires a degree of competency in both Chinese and English.
International750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National3750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Lampeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.